What can I do?
For each of Facing Addiction with NCADD’s five primary agenda items, there are actions that YOU can take. To take any of these actions, please click on the links below, and to view the full Facing Addiction Action Plan & Advocacy Agenda, click here.
Humanizing Addiction for both the Afflicted & the Affected:
- Share your personal experience with addiction
- National Letter-to-the-Editor Campaign
- Host a dinner with compassionate conversation about alcohol, drugs, and health
- Addiction Recovery Leadership Project
Suffering From Addiction Is Not A Crime – Reforming Public Safety Responses
- Share your personal experience with the Criminal Justice System
- Call Senator Mitch McConnell and urge the Senate to take a comprehensive legislative response to Addiction issues.
Dramatic Expansion of Prevention, Screening and Early Intervention Programs
- Petition to the President and the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) urging that the media campaign they develop include RECOVERY stories and not simply be another “Just Say No” campaign.
- Host a forum in your community on the need for evidence based prevention practices
Promoting Multiple Pathways of Recovery for Individuals and Their Families
- Sign our letter to Congressional Leadership demanding more funding for the National Institute of Health
- Survey on Recovery Support Services to deliver to the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Housing & Urban Development, the Department of Justice
Mainstreaming Addiction Health Services
If you have questions about joining the Facing Addiction Action Network, please contact Michael King, Facing Addiction’s director of outreach and engagement, at [email protected].