Over 1000 organizers trained in 2018.
To date, Facing Addiction with NCADD has visited 40 communities in 27 different states, training over 1,500 individuals on community organizing. The communities we have visited have begun fighting for critical services that are needed in order to effectively combat substance use. This includes opening recovery community centers, working with law enforcement, developing new treatment facilities, expanding access to evidence-based prevention programming, bringing new family support networks into existence and much more.
Facing Addiction with NCADD will present two trainings throughout 2019, visiting 15 new communities with Training I: Introduction to Community Organizing, and revisiting 10 of our original 40 communities with Training II: Developing Goals, Strategies & Tactics.
The first training will focus on an overview of community organizing – what it is, what it is not, how it is different than other action steps taken in the past, and how to begin this work. The second training will focus on how unified groups can begin working together to develop goals, and executing strategies and tactics in order to attain those goals.
We hope to see you at a training in 2019! If you have any questions about the communities project, please email us at [email protected].
2019 Training Schedule
Training I: Introduction to Community Organizing
- Friday, May 10th – St. Louis, MO – 10am to 4pm – NCADA, 9355 Olive Blvd – St Louis, MO – Click here to register
- Friday, May 31st – Cincinnati, OH – New Prospect Baptist Church, 1580 Summit Road, Cincinnati, OH – Click here to register
- Saturday, June 8th – Boston, MA –Registration Opens April 8th
- Thursday, June 20th – New York, NY – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Thursday, July 18th – Detroit, MI – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Friday, August 2nd – Chicago, IL – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Sunday, August 4th – Milwaukee, WI – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Thursday, October 3rd – Denver, CO – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Thursday, October 17th – Phoenix, AZ – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Thursday, November 7th – San Francisco, CA – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Thursday, November 14th – New Orleans, LA – TIME & LOCATION TBD
- Saturday, November 16th – Nashville, TN – TIME & LOCATION TBD
Training II: Developing Goals, Strategies & Tactics
- Wednesday, April 24th – Annapolis, MD – 3pm to 9pm – Pip Moyer Recreation Center, 273 Hilltop Lane – Anapolis, MD – Click here to register
- Thursday, April 25th – Rosedale, MD – 10am to 4pm – Eastern Family Resource Center, 9150 Franklin Square – Rosedale, MD – Click here to register
- Thursday, May 9th – Springfield, MO – 2pm to 8pm – KY3 Community Room, 999 W. Sunshine Street – Springfield, MO – Click here to register
- Thursday, May 30th – Stark Library, 715 Market Avenue N, Canton, OH – Click here to register
- Saturday, June 1st – Goodwill Easter Seals, 660 S. Main Street, Dayton, OH – Click here to register
- Thursday, June 6th – Fitchburg, MA –Registration Opens April 8th
Saturday, October 19th – Safford, AZ – TIME & LOCATION TBD
More dates to be announced soon!